Placenta Capsules $250
- Your placenta is cleaned and steamed on low for about 10 minutes (with lemon, ginger, and jalapeno if you choose). After steaming, it is dehydrated. Lastly, it is ground into powder and put it into gelatin-free capsules.
- This method provides warmth, energy, and balance for your body after the exhaustion of childbirth.
- Steaming helps convert the nutrients in the placenta to be absorbed safely by the body. It also kills bacteria on the placenta.
- Inspired by Traditional Chinese Medicine which has regarded the placenta as medicine for thousands of years.
Placenta Tincture $20
- A tincture is made with a small amount of your dried placenta and 100 proof alcohol. It is stored in a 2 ounce amber bottle.
- Tinctures have an indefinite shelf life if properly stored.
- Your placenta tincture can be used later in life for menstrual periods, menopause, and any time you need a boost!
- I recommend a tincture (along with capsules) because it is the best way to ensure the longevity of your placenta.
Placenta Salve $20
- Made with a small amount of your placenta powder, coconut oil, almond oil, beeswax, calendula, plantain, tea tree, and lavender oil. Can be modified as needed. Stored in a 2 ounce tin.
- Use on c-section wounds, hemorrhoids, perineal tears, eczema, diaper rash, sunburns or any other skin itching, burning, or discomforts.
- Safe for use on infants (as long as infant has no skin allergies-test on small area first).
- Your umbilical cord can be dehydrated into any shape. You can hang it on your wall, make it a part of an art project, or store it in a box for safe keeping and a beautiful reminder of the birth of your baby. It can also be made into a dream catcher! $10 or $15 for dream catcher.
- A print is made with food-grade dyes and water color paper. This is a beautiful way to preserve the beauty of the placenta on paper. $20
If you cannot afford Lunula's services at full price, I ask that you give as much as you can afford. Placenta encapsulation should be available to everyone. I will not turn anyone down for lack of funds. It is very important for those that can afford to pay more to do so in order for me to continue this business. Please contact me if you have financial assistance with placenta encapsulation.